• Solar voltaic panels
• Attached two-car garage, and enclosed carport for three additional cars
• Intuitive, open floor plan allows for easy movement and entertaining between spaces
• Complete connectivity through state-of-the-art technological upgrades
• Built in stereo speaker system throughout
• Custom wood features (cabinetry, staircases, paneling, window trim, flooring, fireplace surrounds) made of Honduran mahogany, sugar pine and Brazilian cherry
• Additional outdoor amenities include greenhouses, storage sheds, wood pergolas, a built-in brick barbecue and garden courtyard fountains
• Guest parking for ten cars or more
• Lutron Home Works lighting and home control system
• Central station fire and burglar alarm system
Incorporated in 1964, Portola Valley began as an affordable location for artists and progressive academics looking for close proximity to Stanford and Palo Alto. Today, Portola Valley maintains its simple charm despite being listed consistently among the wealthiest places to live in the U.S.
Portola Valley offers a town experience unique in Silicon Valley. Public libraries, parks and recreational trails are numerous and well-supported. The outdoors plays a central role and residents fiercely protect their open space. The Portola Valley Town Center integrates seamlessly into its scenic surroundings and has won numerous awards for design and sustainability.
The town trail system lies at the very heart of the community, providing hiking, biking and equestrian opportunities for the town’s citizens, but also serving as an important walking tie to neighbors, shopping and city schools. The Windy Hill Open Space Preserve offers additional backcountry access and incredible scenery. Horses and equestrian activity are present throughout town with multiple boarding and riding clubs, as well as horse trails that traverse the community and extend into portions of the Mid-Peninsula Open Space District.
The unobtrusive Valley Center is anchored by the locally-owned Robert’s Market. Here both residents and cycling visitors gather to “fuel up” on groceries, prepared gourmet meals and coffee. A gas station, hardware store, and professional services offices round out the center.
Portola Valley is a great combination of seclusion, outdoor living, natural environment and convenience. It’s a place that ought to be hundreds of miles away but lies only a couple of minutes from everything on the Peninsula. Its rural, outdoor lifestyle offers sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of Silicon Valley.